Pokaż wyniki od 1 do 6 z 6

Wątek: English Box - idea

Mieszka w
    Bewsey
    Siła reputacji

Smile English Box - idea

the English box would be something we - the forum users, could use to chat between each other in english and teach each other in order to improve generak english, using this english-only and hate-free room. education is the key! bless :)!
    Nie pytaj sie innych co mogą zrobić dla ciebie,
    A pytaj siebie co możesz zrobić dla innych :)
    Jah bless i and i

Mieszka w
    Warrington
    Siła reputacji
    Thanks for posting your suggestion KonaN, we'd had Polish chat box couple of years ago, however it wasn't particularly busy place and after two weeks or so, we've decided to take it off.
    I know it seems to be quite good idea, however I can't see any reason why would this work better this time.

Who else would like to participate in this ?
    Z poważaniem Admin. Masz pytanie, zapytaj na GG 20031546
    Odwiedź fanpage na Facebooku facebook.com/warringtonpl

Mieszka w
    Rayleigh
    Siła reputacji
    I know it seems to be quite good idea, however I can't see any reason why would this work better this time.
    Sednem zdania nie jest tu pytanie "why" tylko "I can't see" stad inversja rzeczownika "this" z forma czasu przeszlego czasownika "will" jest zbedna.

Prawidlowo powinno byc: I know it seems to be quite a good idea, however, I can't see any reason why [B]it/this would work better[/B] this time.

Najprostrzy przyklad: What time is it now?
    Podmiotem jest tu "it" wiec konieczna jest typowa dla jezyka angielskiego inwersja podmiotu z czasownikiem "is".

ale:

Do you know what time it is now?
    Pytaniem nie jest tutaj "what time...", tylko "Do you know" stad inwersja jest w "zielonej" czesci zdania, a w drugiej czesci zdania nie stosuje sie inwersji czasownika z rzeczownikiem.

albo:

I don't know what time it is now.
    Sednem zdania znowu nie jest "what time...", tylko "I don't know" - przyznanie sie do niewiedzy stad rownie w drugiej czesci zdania nie ma inwersji.
    Ostatnio edytowane przez Nuccio82 ; 26-03-2014 o 02:25
    Masajowie uważają, iż mycie wodą naczyń do mleka daje mleku przykry zapach; dlatego myją te naczynia w krowim moczu.

Mieszka w
    Warrington
    Siła reputacji
    I don't think you are right saying; quite a good idea however, I must admit I do make some insignificant errors, every now and then. Therefore, thanks for pointing this out.

Mieszka w
    Rayleigh
    Siła reputacji
    You are very welcome.

Not as butthurt to prove my point as some on here may tend to think I am, but I will do for the benefit of the few other interested readers.

The word "idea" in your sentence is a countable noun and as such, in general, must be preceded with either the definite article "the" or either of the two indefinite articles: "a" or "an" depending on the grammar principles applying and broader context the word is being used in. Few other grammar constructs are as set in stone as this one. Uncountable nouns, to the contrary, generally go without any articles in front of them as in "I haven't seen you for quite some time". On top of that, selected nouns can indeed be used alone, that is not combined with an article of any kind when used to describe general concepts such as love, justice, war, peace, evil etc, but none of the like applies to the sentence in question. All in all, practising over and over until sick to the bottom of the stomach is key to correctly combining the appropriate parts of speech at any one given situation.

Finally, just to put my money where my mouth is, here, see for yourself what the Oxford Dictionary, quite a credible source of knowledge on the subject, advises is correct:

quite a —— (also often • ironic quite the ——)
    Used to indicate that the specified person or thing is perceived as particularly notable, remarkable, or impressive: quite a party, isn’t it? quite the little horsewoman, aren’t you? Flying is quite the best way to travel.This is quite a different problem.
    Ostatnio edytowane przez Nuccio82 ; 26-03-2014 o 23:35
    Masajowie uważają, iż mycie wodą naczyń do mleka daje mleku przykry zapach; dlatego myją te naczynia w krowim moczu.

6. Forumowicze którzy podziękowali użytkownikowi Nuccio82 za wypowiedź na łamach forum.

Mieszka w
    Warrington
    Siła reputacji
    Nuccio, I have checked this and, I must withdraw what I said about the articles in the above example, you are absolutely right here.
    The accountable noun goes with the article and unaccountable generally not, it is that simple.

Concluding, it was fantastic lesson and I am even more convinced now that we, the forum users, should have more conversations like this!

To all members; what do you think about the above, would you like to participate in this kind of activity?
    Do you think it is good way to learn English?

Please post below and do not be shy ;-)

Zakładki

Uprawnienia umieszczania postów